The Ethos of Plant for Peace is that we ensure all our products offer the consumer personal well being through healthy ingredients and social well being through the Plant for Peace social impact goal of “For every product sale we plant a tree for you”
At Plant for Peace we want to change the lives of farmers around the world that through conflict are trapped in poverty and hence have no alternative but to grow illegal crops like opium. We decided the best way we could help was to create value-added food products, purchasing the farmers produce and then donating a tree back to the farmers from every sale of our value-added products. Our sustainable model adds up big time. A healthy £1.20 fruit bar purchased in a supermarket generates at least $700 worth of fruit for the farmer over the trees lifespan and as demand for our products grow so does the demand for more of the farmers produce. Everyone’s a winner helping good to grow.
1. PRODUCE SOURCED FROM AFGHAN FARMERS
5. FARMERS ACHIEVE SUSTAINABLE INCOMES AND WE CREATE CARBON OFFSET
4. ONE YEAR OLD SAPLINGS ARE DONATED TO AFGHAN FARMERS CONTRIBUTING TO OPIUM FREE LIVELIHOODS
2. PLANT FOR PEACE SUPPLIES RETAILERS WITH VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS CREATING DEMAND FOR MORE AFGHAN PRODUCE
3. FOR EVERY PRODUCT SALE PLANT FOR PEACE PLANTS A TREE IN AFGHANISTAN